Thursday, April 2, 2009

Knitted Pillows and Spring Markets

I've been knitting more pillows and thought I would share some pictures.




The basic design is very plain, which I like. One of them does have a single cable going up one side to add a bit more interest. Cotton taping was used to make tie closures for a couple of them and buttons on one. The ties look very casual and the buttons a bit cleaner.



They are all filled with feather and down inserts and are some of the most comfortable pillows I've ever had. I want them to be imminently usable which is why they all close on the end so there is no front or back. Un-dyed eco-wool was used to knit these up. It has a very soft hand after blocking.

I'm still hoping to find some unique handspun yarn to make a couple from but haven't had to much time to pursue that option. Maybe soon! It's almost time for local festivals and farmer's markets and I may be able to find something there. Though I'm not sure about this option since the Midwest seems to be a little slower to catch on to this idea, but they are becoming more common and lively. Wouldn't it be great to have a year round market like some of the ones in Europe?
I'll be making a trip to DC this summer. Know of any good markets for handmade goods or antiques?
I found this website that lists a number of markets but is otherwise uninformative.
This one gave a bit more info on one market.
I'll have to check this one out...
where these sellers will be.
This one looks like fun.
I'd love to know if are any interesting places to go during the week too. We're going to DC for a wedding so the weekend of our trip is already full and any side trips will have to be squeezed in.
I love spring.

1 comment: