Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Studio-in-a-Closet

This is just a little something I wanted to share for inspiration. We live in an apartment in an urban area so storage space is limited. My husband came up with the idea to convert our foyer closet into stash storage. (I had already taken the dining room as my studio and it was overflowing.)

I really wish I had taken before pictures. Imagine if you will a dark hole (really) with a couple of press board shelves instead of the bright welcoming closet you now see.

We stripped everything out of the space, added shelving, pegs, a cedar ceiling, a light and even a secret compartment in the floor for storing larger items. I hung an over the door shoe bag to provide extra yarn storage. Because we included the pegs the closet can still be used as a coat closet when we have guests!

This was a fun project for my husband and I to tackle together. I guess I should finish that sweater for him now.

No comments:

Post a Comment